Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Explosive Release

My boss is on vacation this week, so it frees me up to take full advantage of my breaks as personal time in my office. Today, I was reclining back on my exercise ball with the door closed savoring just such a moment.

It helps to realize that it can get really warm in here on hot summer days. We have A/C for the office areas, of course, but the system has a steam leak for now and can sometimes really mist up the room. Suffice it to say, that the warm, steamy atmosphere was helping to take the edge off.

If I lay back completely on the ball, I drop completely below the level of sight for my window. Having a private office is really nice. The seclusion can really help you focus, or just escape entirely from the work world as you roll back under your desk.

How could I not take advantage? I hadn’t indulged myself since the weekend. Seconds after I arched my back in a rushed, hearty roll through the last seconds of unrestrained abandon, I was shocked back into my senses by three loud noises. From three feet above my head and well beyond my left shoulder, items were falling over onto each other, impacting the metal surface of my file cabinet. They had been knocked over by the sheer force of the projectile, explosive rush. The release had blown the red plastic giraffe (see my pictures) completely off the edge, and it ricocheted between the wall and the cabinet walls all the way to the ground. Turning my attention to the cause of all the commotion, I was amazed to see an enormous glob still slowly settling its way down the side of my still-standing launcher.

Anyway, that’s why you have to keep “Pillsbury” Italian bread dough tubes in the refrigerator.

No comments: