Saturday, April 28, 2007

Coffee Maker & Towels

Here's Another email I sent at work. Really.


When I came in this morning, I discovered that someone had again "helpfully" found a way to bring the water port of the coffee maker and quite a bit of liquid dish soap together. To make myself look naive, I'm going to continue to assume that this is all due to some misunderstanding. So let me try to clear up the possible misunderstandings.

Helpful Coffee Maker Hints:
--The coffee makers are not subject to SOP-035 [Standard Operating Proceedure for cleaning a Glass Lined Chemical Reactor]. They should be kept away from both soaps and solvents, even during routine cleanings.
--While "clean water" is all the rage (and has many health benefits) this is not the process via which it is made.
--The burners and water inlet ports make unsafe storage racks. This is similar to your stove at home, but I can see how our Pro II stove could cloud this point [It's an electric with a flat top surface].
--Washing the dishes is obviously not popular with this crowd, but there is no good way to adapt the coffee maker into a dishwasher.

I have moved the coffee maker well away from the sink, in the hopes that this will fix anything that my sarcasm did not.

While I'm spending my time writing about kitchen related problems, I might as well get them all. We do not have a good towel system in place. The ones in there this morning were nasty. From here forward, please toss any dirty towels onto the chair in my office (dry please). I'll set these aside to be washed. Replace the dirty towels with a clean one from the drawer. This should cut down on the "gigantic pile of filthy towels in the lunchroom" problem.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: